Australian Heaths - Further Information
Most books dealing with Australian native plants will contain useful information on the botany and horticulture of Australian heath species. Some of the most detailed references are listed below.
- Cavanagah, A (1993). Australian Plants in the Old World in Proceedings of the ASGAP 17th Biennial Seminar, Sydney September-October 1993.
- Elliot, W. R and Jones D (1980-1997), The Encyclopaedia of Australian Plants, all volumes, Lothian Publishing Company Pty Ltd, Melbourne.
- Talbot, A and Australian Plant Study Group (undated), Epacris, self published and comprising species descriptions and drawings of all species.
- Wrigley, J and Fagg, M (1996 - 4th ed), Australian Native Plants, Collins Publishers Australia.
Several issues of the Society's journal "Australian Plants" are particularly useful for those interested in Epacris and its allies.
- Vol.3 No.25 December 1965; Epacridaceae; Taxonomy and distribution of Epacris.
- Vol.4 No.34 March 1968; Taxonomy and distribution of Sprengelia.
- Vol.5 No.39 June 1969; Taxonomy and distribution of Richea.
- Vol.5 No.41 December 1969; Taxonomy and distribution of Dracophyllum.
- Vol.5 No.42 March 1970; Taxonomy and distribution of Stenotoma.
- Vol.6 No.47 June 1971; The Epacrid Family; Taxonomy and distribution of Styphelia.
- Vol.9 No.71 June 1977; The genus Lissanthe.
- Vol.10 No.77 December 1978; The genus Melichrus.
- Vol.14 No.115 June 1988; Epacris impressa - the Floral Emblem of Victoria.
- Vol.21 No.166 March 2001; Tasmanian Epacridaceae Part 1.
- Vol.21 No.167 June 2001; Tasmanian Epacridaceae Part 2; Epacrids from cutings; Epacris cultivation in Tasmania.
- Vol.21 No.168 September 2001; Tasmanian Epacridaceae Part 3.
- Vol.21 No.169 December 2001; Tasmanian Epacridaceae Part 4; Propagation of epacrids; Epacrids in Antipodean gardens.
◄◄ Australian Heaths Index Top ▲